The Utility Finance Department is responsible for meter reading and billing for water, sewer, storm water and sanitation services provided by the City of Sumter. If you have questions about your bill, please contact our office.
Click link below to pay your bill online with your credit card, debit card or electronic check
- Payments made after-hours will be posted the next business day. (Note: If a payment is made after-hours on your due date, your account will be charged a late fee.)
- If your water has been disconnected for non-payment, please call our office (803-436-2541) to receive further instructions for reconnection. Reconnect service is available Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (excludes holidays).
- Request for service disconnection will be processed next business day.
- Request for new service must be received before 1:00 pm for same day service.
- The City of Sumter participates in the Setoff Debt Collection Program.
2013 Proposed Utility Rate Increase Summary
- Billing and Collections
- New Service and Disconnections
- Walk-in payments, Drive-thru payments, Night or Weekend drop box, Credit card payments, Bank draft
P. O. Box 310
Hours of Operation: 8:30am-5pm, Mon-Fri
For billing and service questions, please call (803) 436-2541. _______________________________________
To pay by phone, dial toll-free 1-855-385-9409
For after-hours emergencies for water and sewer repair, please call (803) 436-2558.
21 N. Main Street (Rear Entrance of the Sumter Opera House)
Sumter, SC 29150
Forms (To complete your request call 803-436-2541; fax documents to 803-436-2698)
* Requires a valid picture ID;
** Requires a valid picture ID and Social Security Number
Utility Business Director
Meter Services Manager