The Engineering Department is committed to providing the citizens of Sumter with safe and efficient infrastructure to support a positive quality of life. Our goal is to improve the existing infrastructure and to design new reliable infrastructure economically. Some other responsibilities of the Engineering Department are as follows:
- Provides services to support infrastructure, capital improvements and maintenance.
- Estimating, construction and maintenance cost to evaluate the viability of infrastructure projects.
- Design, permit, construction and inspection of all water and sewer systems.
- Evaluates drainage problems and aid in the correction of flooding or other drainage challenges.
- Coordinates new commercial and residential infrastructure development.
- Oversees the resurfacing of city streets and parking facilities.
- Provides a supporting role with other City Departments that may require engineering services such as: grading plans, review of wetlands, erosion issues, floodplain management and environmental issues.
- Coordinates grants from federal and state agencies for design and construction of infrastructure.
For information about the Engineering Department, please contact Mr. Bill Rozier, P.E., City Engineer at (803) 436-2551.
303 E. Liberty St
Sumter, SC ,29151
Phone: (803) 436-2558
Fax: (803) 436-2626
Hours: 8 - 4:00 (M-F)