The City of Sumter will be making repairs to the water system on Saratoga Street and Mood Avenue.
This project should begin on June 21, 2017 and be completed by June 22, 2017.
Work will be conducted at the corners of:
• Marshall Street and Saratoga Street
• Saratoga Street and Mood Avenue
• Mood Avenue and Hasel Street
There will be service interruptions to customers as well as the potential for red water in the immediate areas during construction. All work will be conducted from 8AM to 4PM.
Please direct any questions or concerns to the City of Sumter Public Services Department at (803) 436-2558.
A Portion of the Surface Parking Lot at N. Sumter St. and W. Hampton Ave.
Will be Closed Until Further Notice for Construction of Parking Deck
Beginning March 1, until further notice, a portion of the Surface Parking Lot at the corner of W. Hampton Ave. and N. Sumter St. will be closed for construction of the new parking deck. Over 700 additional parking spaces are available in the immediate area.
Parking is available in the following locations (also see map above — click for larger version):
- The corner of S. Sumter and Dugan Streets behind the Liberty Center
- The corner of S. Harvin and Liberty Streets behind J. O'Grady's and Hill Printing
- The corner of N. Harvin and W. Liberty Streets behind the Sumter Opera House
- The corner of N. Harvin St. and E. Hampton Ave.
- Street Parking Along S. Main and Liberty Streets.
2017 City of Sumter Holiday Schedule:
All City of Sumter Administrative Offices will be closed on the following dates:
Monday, January 2 - New Year's
Monday, January 16 - Martin Luther King's Birthday
- Monday, February 20 - President's Day
- Friday, April 14 - Good Friday
- Monday, May 29 - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, July 4 - Independence Day
- Monday, September 4 - Labor Day
- Friday, November 10 - Veteran's Day
- Thursday, November 23 - Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 24 - Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 22 - Christmas
- Monday, December 25 - Christmas
- Tuesday, December 26 - Christmas
However, public safety offices and sanitation services, including trash, recycling and yard debris will continue on a regular schedule (with the exception of December 25, Christmas Day, there will be no sanitation services).
Current City Street Resurfacing Projects:
- Archdale Drive
- Commander Court
- Covington Street
- Gable Street
- W. Glouchester Court
- Hannah Court
- Hasel Street
- Hermitage Drive
- Hospital Circle
- Hoyt Heights
- L Street
- Mary Street
- St. Augustine Drive
- Stonehedge Court
- Wesley Hall Court
- Yeadon Street
For city property maintenance regulations, include codes pertaining to:
- Unsafe or dilapidated buildings,
- Junk cars or motor vehicles in yards,
- Illegal dumping,
- Accumulation of trash, junk or rubbish,
- Overgrown lots and yards, and
- Vacant Property Registry.
Please contact our codes enforcement directly at 803-774-1602.
Are you experiencing potable water issues or sanitary sewer problems?
The City of Sumter continually maintains our utility lines. If at any time, a city customer experiences issues, please call our 24-hour report line to report your physical address and issue you are experiencing. Call 803-436-2558.